Monday 22 September 2014

Crochet: Afghan RIPPLE, WAVE Stitch.

Helloooo,
Finally I finished a new Blanket for my friend.
One day she said to me " I want one of them", because when she saw some of my work's pictures on Instagram, she said : "Oh, what a lovely colours, I love it love it love it..."
And I decided to do "Afghan RIPPLE (Wave)" Blanket for her. And also I call this blanket : ARZU's COUNTRY LIFE Blanket :)
It is lovely pattern and fun doing it. I hope she will like it.


This is the Video from my Husband David Mearns while giving the gift to my friend's daughter Selin:



Before getting started, you should know these:
o : Chain (ch)
x : Single Croche (sc)
tr : Triple - Treble stitch (tr)
dc : Double Crochet (dc)

tr stitch: Yarn over hook (twice), insert hook from front to back in the center of the chain. Yarn over, draw the yarn through the chain (4 loops on hook). Yarn over, draw yarn through 2 loops on hook (3 loops remain on hook).  Yarn over, draw yarn through 2 loops on hook (2 loops remain on hook).  Yarn over, draw through 2 loops on hook (one triple crochet complete).  
(short versionYarn over (twice), insert hook in the center of next chain, yarn over, draw yarn through stitch, [yarn over, draw yarn through 2 loops on hook] 3 times. Repeat across to end of foundation chain. )

dc stitch : Yarn over, insert hook in the center of next chain, yarn over, draw yarn through stitch, yarn over, draw yarn through 2 loops on hook, yarn over, draw yarn through 2 loops on hook.

In this pattern, each of "wave" or "ripple" has 17 chains.
Which means: 17 ch = 1 wave = Repeat part
I used 3.5 size hook and Nako Astra Yarn
On my project, I made 8 Waves in each lines, which means I started with 136 Ch, (8x17=136)

You will find the "diagram" in this picture (from my work notebook with my hand writing), but also I will try to explain it step bu step to you.
*if you click on the picture, you will get the original size
So shell we begin? 
1- make 136 chain
2- make 1 ch, and make sc in each of st. all the way. Turn.
(I used the same colour for 1st and 2nd rows)
3- change the colour, make 4 st. , make 1 tr in the same st. - make 2 tr in the same next st.  - make 2 tr in the next 1st. -
(skip 1ch, make 1tr in the next st.) repeat this 4 more times) -
skip 1c -
(make 2tr in the next 1st.) repeat this 5 more times)-
(skip 1ch, make 1tr in the next st.) repeat this 4 more times) -
skip 1c -
........
at the end of line, when you have last 3st., make 2tr in each of 3st. and turn.
4- make 3ch, and make 1dc in each of st through the line. Turn
5- Repeat 3th step with the same colour. Turn.
6- change the colour (the same colour which used in 1st and 2nd lines), make 3 ch. and make 1dc in each of st. through the line. Turn
7- Repeat 3th, 4th, 5th and 6th steps till reach the length what ever you decide.
...
8- when you reached the length,  make 1 ch, and make sc in each of st. all the way. and close-up.

If I call a GROUP for the 3th, 4th, and 5th lines, I made the same colour for those 3 lines, but every time I used the different colours for the each of group.
BUT I use always the same colour for the 1st, 2nd, 6th, and repeat ones of 6th , and 8th lines.
You will understand what I mean if you look at the pictures of my project.


VIDEO: My role model was Michael Sellick. (The Croched Crowd)
Written Tutorial: design by Ann Regis from Red Heard






EDDING: First of all I made dc all around the blanket then I have done very simple border around.
Border Diagram is this:


If you click the diagram you will get the big picture.









Hope you like it,
If any questions pls send me an email (you will find the contact form on the right)
and also please SUBMIT  to my blog, if you wanna get informed when I put a new post. Which means you will follow my blog:)

Have a GREAT day,
Oya Mearns

No comments:

Post a Comment