Wednesday 5 November 2014

Crochet Abbreviations and some Basic Crochet Stitches

I would like to share some of basic information for crochet.
I have learned everything about crochet from internet and took a lot of time to learn. But I am ok now, so I wanted you find the basic information of crochet in my blog. So only I am compiling for you some useful information of crochet from some different web sites, with their links.
And also you will find some Video Links in below, you can learn how you can make some basic stitches:)
Hope I can help you guys!

Crochet Abbreviations

alt = alternate
approx = approximately
BP = back post
BLO = back loop only
BPdc = back post double crochet
beg = begin, beginning
CC = contrasting color
ch = chain
cl = cluster
cont = continue
dbl = double
dtr or dbl tr = double triple
dc = double crochet
dec = decrease
dir = directions
dk = dark
dnt = do not turn
ea = each
ex sc = extended single crochet
fig = figure 1 (picture of stitch)
FLO = front loop only
FP = front post
FPdc = front post double crochet
fig = figure 1 (picture of stitch)
fo = finish off
foll = following
gm or gr = grams
gr = group
hdc = half double crochet
hk = hook

htr = half triple crochet
in = inch
inc = increase
incl = including
inst = instructions
lp(s) = loop(s)
lt = light
MC = main color
med = medium
mm = millimeter
no. = number
oz(s) = ounce
pat st = pattern stitch
pc st = popcorn stitch
prev = previous
rem = remaining
rep = repeat
rnd = round
rs = right side
sc = single crochet
sk = skip
sl st = slip stitch
sp = space
st(s) = stitch(es)
tch = turning chain
tog = together
tr = triple (treble)
x times = (such as repeat 5x)
ws = wrong side
yo = yarn over

If you would like to get more details please click HERE .
___________________________________________________________________________

Crochet Chart Symbol


More information of the crochet instruction pls click HERE.

How To: Crochet - For Beginners: pls click HERE



Have a Great day:) ,  Oya Mearns


PS: All my posts will be published for helping to you. BUT of course if you would like toDONATEfor my “piggy bank”, I can then get some more yarn for my projects and share with you. If you do so, you will find the “DONATE” button at the top of the blog :)If you FOLLOW me by email, you can get a message too. You will find the SUBMIT button on right side under the Block Archive.

No comments:

Post a Comment